Sunday, April 26, 2015

Fuel Pump, More Brakes, Brake Lines, and Fun!!

So it's been a while since the last time I posted about my 9-5 Brake Swap. Since then I've done quite a few things...

  • Fuel Pump - Jay Racing 340LPH (found here: http://www.jayracing.com/fuel-pumps-c-2_5/jay-racing-pro-series-342-fuel-pump-pt342-340-lph-high-pressure-p-2619.html)
  • Fuel Filter
  • Fuel Tank Straps (cause my other ones were a casualty of Wisconsin winters)
  • Front Brakes (yeah, they were stock, but they're still on the list)
  • Front passengers side brake hose (this one was fun!!)
Anyways, here's some pictures and a little bit talking through what all happened. 

#1 Fuel Pump
Yes, it was fun. I dropped the tank (which some people think is nuts), removed the old straps since I ordered new ones (thank you Wisconsin for destroying the nuts and making it impossible to remove these without a sawzall -- note don't use your cut off wheel, you may need a new car/garage/etc -- sparks + gas tank = bad)

Now after the tank is out, you remove the fuel pump (consult WIS if you really need to look into how to do this) I searched Saab Central on how to take the fuel pump apart, here are some pics of that. 


Here it is all taken apart. 


Ways to not get high on gas fumes -- yes that's a standard plastic bag. 


So this was the fun part. See the fingers inside the fuel pump holder/screen -- you need to trim those down CAREFULLY with a Dremel tool to make them fit. I had a Tool Shop "rotary tool" (aka piece of shit) that I was using originally. 


Yeah, I went out and got a real Dremel tool, it made my life easy! -- The quality was probably 500x better, even using the same accessories that I got with the tool shop rotary tool.


Here is a stock pump (left) next to the modified pump (right) only way you can really tell is from the fuel line. 
#1: Use Submersible Fuel Line --  I used: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GAT0/27093.oap?pt=N0887&ppt=C0222 
#2: Use injection hose clamps. 


Here's the tank with the fuel pump reinstalled. I put the tank, straps, etc back in the car at this point and hooked everything up. -- My dog turbo (lower right hand corner) was trying to help, then said screw it. lol


Next on the agenda was my fuel filter, which was old, crusty and dented. I ended up having to drill out the screw that held this in and replaced it with something more meaty, with better turning power. 


With all these fuel system projects done (except my injectors, which I need to get another intake manifold for -- story in another blog lol) I went and did the front brakes. Drivers side was going well till I found the bolt below, which isn't a factory bolt. Seems that at some point someone either broke a bolt (which imo would be impressive) or cross threaded the hole (more likely) and then found a bolt in the shop that was similar in size, tapped for that and stuffed it in. Which leaves me with the bolt below, and me worrying about my upright in the future. I guess I'll have to put that on the list of things to watch out for. At least it work for the time being.


And the fun part of the whole job. I had to flare on a new fitting on the passengers side to fix it from my adventure when I broke (more like the wheel rubbed through because this guy didn't pay attention during reassembly since I was rushing) a brake hose last year. This involved cutting the line high enough that I could then flare in a fitting, put in a union, then flare a metric fitting on the end of the other one and connect the new hose. All in all it went good. And I can say this Genuine Saab (or Goodridge) updated their stainless brake hoses, they now have a nice plastic cover.  

Then after my lovely wife, Kristie, helped me bleed the brakes (I think I'm lucky) I was able to take the car for a drive. Sans the front bumper, which needs a little more repair. 


Over the next week I have the following projects: 
  • Lower the 2010 9-3 Sport Sedan - Koni Shocks, Megan Racing Springs, new Strut Mounts and bearings, and new end links. 
  • The '02 Viggen Convertible gets a new thermostat, temp sensor, O2 sensors, rear motor mount, and an oil change
  • The '99 LB Viggen gets the front pumper put back on, a trans fluid change and an oil change. 
Other than that I shouldn't lose my mind too much... I'm sure I forgot something anyways. lol


1 comment:

  1. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete